Camping in the Peak District …
For your next holiday or short break camping in the Peak District come and stay at our fantastic campsite! Touring Caravans, Motor Caravans and Family Tents are welcome!
There are 30 hardstanding caravan pitches which all include 16 amp electric hook ups, water tap and TV socket providing a digital signal.
The park offers excellent facilities including toilet and shower block with underfloor heating. We have a shop on site offering basic provisions that also sells Calor and Camping Gaz.
For visitors with tents, we have three camping areas where you can choose where to pitch. There are 10amp electric hookups available which can be used by purchasing a prepayment card (more details below)
- 30 level hardstandings for touring and motor caravans, all with 16amp electric hook-up, water tap and TV Aerial Socket providing a digital signal. Rock pegs are recommended for awnings, available at the site shop.
- The three camping areas with 10amp electric hookups available on prepayment card system.
- Parking next to caravans and tents
- Campers Cabin – dry shelter with microwave & hot drinks vending machine
- Shop on site that stocks basic provisions, soft drinks, ices etc.local maps and guides etc..
- Calor Gas and Camping Gaz sales.
- Heated toilet and shower block split into three areas, Mens, Ladies and Unisex.
- Hot water on all hand basins.
- Electric shaver points in the Gents.
- Hair dryer sockets in the Ladies.
- Free hot showers.
- Pot washing and laundry room with washer, dryer and iron & ironing board available.
- Full disabled facilities. You will need your radar key.
- Chemical toilet and Grey water disposals.
- Motorhome ‘drive over’ grey water disposal point
- Dogs are welcome but please keep under proper control at all times and always clean up after them.
- Dog exercise area
- Boot, Dog & Bike wash
- Barbecues are allowed using portable or disposable barbecue (disposable available at shop). Please do not light camp fires on the ground.
- Ball games area
- During the winter season we will be open for touring caravans and motor caravans.
- The new toilet and shower block is open in winter with its underfloor heating.
- Bookings: Advance bookings are advisable for school holidays and weekends during the summer. We are always very busy on Bank Holidays … Please check our News; section or contact us to enquire.
- A coded defibrillator for public use on site
Tent Hookups further details
- The hook up for tents is 10amp.
- 1 unit = 1KW (1000watts) for 1 hour.
- At the moment we are paying approx 19p per unit so £1.00 on a card will buy around 6 units of electric.
Example – 1 KW heater at full will run for more than 6 hours for £1.00.
- Electric cards have to paid for with cash and please note we take a £5 refundable deposit for the card plus the amount you would like to add.
- We feel it will help make tent pitches with hook up cheaper for our camping visitors as some only want it for a light & charging. With our new hook ups you will be able to see how much electric you are using. Any un used credit will be refunded to you when you depart, so you only pay for what you actually use.
- We also feel it’s the best way of managing tents with hook up as only 50% visitors want to use them, it also gives tent families the ability to camp together if one tent doesn’t want electric, it is also better for our environment & it’s better for you as you only pay for what you use.
For your next holiday or short break come and stay at our fantastic campsite! Surrounded by the Peak District landscape, you can rest in the peaceful countryside or make the most of your holiday experience walking or cycling in the heart of the Peak District National Park!